Cars We Sold

1965 Aston Martin DB-5 Serial Number 2027 L

Sold

Lead photograph of 1965 Aston Martin DB-5 Serial Number 2027 L

Specifications

Make   Aston Martin Model   DB 5 Vantage
Year   1965 Serial #   2027 L
Engine #   400 / 2078 / V VIN   
Engine Type   Vantage Chassis Type   Monocoque
Build Sequence #    Number Built   Only 65 built
Body Type   Coupe Body Builder   Aston Martin
First Owner    Current Owner   Current Owner
Build Sheet   No Current Location   Ohio

Features

The Aston DB–5 was first made famous in the James Bond film Goldfinger.

1965 Aston Martin DB–5 Vantage Coupe s/n 2027 L is one of only 65 “Vantage” Coupes built, fitted with three Weber 45 DCOE carbs, hotter cams and higher compression giving 314 hp rather than the 282 hp of the standard DB–5.

Aston Martin DB–5 Vantage s/n 2027 L was sold to the current owner on 17 February, 1988 and was restored by the best shops in the Aston restoration business in the US. The “Superleggera” body was restored and finished in “Goodwood Green” by Morris Auto Restoration. The engine and power train were rebuilt by Steel Wings. The Connolly hides and Wilton carpets were done by Rick Davin. The suspension, steering, brakes, wiring etc. were completely refurbished by George Petrohilos of Autotech with factory parts supplied by Aston Martin Services.

History

S/n 2027 L. 1965 Aston Martin DB–5 Vantage. One of only 65 Aston DB 5 Vantage coupes built.

1987, with the Fine Car Store, San Diego, California. Bought from Mr. D. I. Buchanan. CA License # 927 TBI.

1988, 17 Feb., sold to the current owner, who drove Aston Martin Vantage s/n 2027 L home from San Diego to Ohio.

1992, the current owner began a total mechanical and cosmetic restoration. The owner has complete photo documentation and all bills for the restoration.

The body (every panel of which carries the inscription 2027L) is handcrafted aluminum and of the “Superleggera” (superlight) construct by Touring of Italy. It was restored and finished in “Goodwood Green” by Morris Auto Restoration.

The engine is an all alloy twin cam straight six of 4.0 L displacement and 314 hp, designed by Tadek Marek in 1958 at the behest of David Brown. It was rebuilt by Aston specialist “Steel Wings”.

The interior is finished in tan Connolly hides and Wilton carpets and was restored by Rick Davin.

Suspension, steering, brakes, wiring and the like were completely refurbished by George Petrohilos of Autotech with factory parts supplied by Aston Martin Services.

1994, restoration completed.

Factory Options on 2027L:

  • Selectaride (Driver adjustable rear suspension)
  • Normalair (Air Conditioning)
  • Powr Lok (Limited slip)

1995, 06 Aug., Lion Award in Class K—“Sports Cars 1956 and Later” at Meadowbrook.

2003, 08 June, First Place—“Special Display – Aston Martin” Concours d’Elegance at Ault Park

Note: The above vehicle information is complete and accurate to the best of our knowledge at the time it is posted to this website. Corrections or additional information is always appreciated.